16 December 2006

she who is always in my thoughts prefers
another man, and does not think of me.
yet he seeks for another's love, not hers;
and some poor girl is grieving for my sake.
why then, the devil take
both her and him; and love; and her; and me.
(bhartrihari)


****

words, wide night, carol ann duffy

somewhere on the other side of this wide night
and the distance between us, i am thinking of you.
the room is turning slowly away from the moon.

this is pleasurable. or shall i cross that out and say
it is sad? in one of the tenses i sing
an impossible song of desire that you cannot hear.

la la la la. see? i close my eyes and imagine the dark
hills i would have to cross
to reach you. for i am in love with you

and this is what it is like or what it is like in words.

-lovelybones

No comments: